A panel presentation on Enhance Your Business with Links and Friends: “Online Social Media and You” sponsored by the German-American Chamber of Commerce – Philadelphia will be at The Hub in the Cira Center across the street from the 30th Street Amtrak Station in Philadelphia.
Date: Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Time: 5:00 to 7:30 PM
Our Gerry Elman will join Kayte Connelly (President of Best Principled Solutions, LLC) and Kelly Phillips Erb (The Erb Law Firm P.C.) on a panel moderated by Vivian Isaak (Magnum Group, Inc.).
Some of the topics to be covered:
- Keys to creating a business presence on LinkedIn
- How to craft an effective social network
- Why is LinkedIn working for others and what are they accomplishing?
- How do I create meaningful conversations online?
- How do I target key individuals without scaring them? Or worse, spamming?
- Where content is king: making a blog that isn’t just blah.
- Paid platforms versus free: how much should it take to get started?
- Finding your target audience
- Making your pitch
- Building your readership
- Turning readers into clients
- Tweets and Hoots – instant gratification from teensy messages
- Why Twitter works for business
- Promoting yourself in 140 characters or less
- The power of the “retweet” – spreading your message
- How about a Facebook Page for your business? Your customers will soon become Fans.
- Not only for news junkies: online networking via Wall Street Journal, New York Times & Huffington Post.
- What’s next? Are Ning, Digg and Google Buzz for you?
- Smartphones with GPS: Going local on the World Wide Web.