For meetings and deliveries:
12 Veterans Square
1st Floor Left
Media, PA 19063 U.S.A.
P.O. Box 209
Swarthmore, PA 19081-0209 U.S.A.
Phone: (610) 892-9942
Twitter: @TechLaw_Elman and @ElmanTechNews
eFax: (925) 226-4995
- Selected Developments in Biotechnology Law and the Biotechnology Industry
- Informed Consent and Ethical Review in Chinese Human Experimentation: Reflections on the “Golden Rice Event”
- Q&A Session with Dr. Andrew W. Torrance of the University of Kansas School of Law: On the Question: Is Copyright the Way to Gain Intellectual Property Protection for DNA Sequences?
Two hearings have been scheduled by the US PTO on the effect of patents for Genetic Testing, to support the study that the PTO is mandated by the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (“AIA”) to generate for Congress.
The first of the hearings is today. It will be broadcast via the Web.
The second of the hearings will be March 9 in San Diego. My colleague Prof. Chris Holman, incoming Executive Editor of Biotechnology Law Report, is scheduled to testify at that hearing.
Each of these agendas provides the logon information for the web broadcasts of the hearings.
- Oct. 20, 2014 – Meet Steve Zeman and get tips about European Patent Office practice
- Supreme Court, snowed by ACLU smear campaign, resurrects archaic requirement of “invention” as a test of patent eligibility.
- State of Vermont Declares War on “Patent Trolls”
- Are Human Genes Patentable?—The Experts Weigh In
- Spark Your Creativity: participate online in Tina Seelig’s MOOC via Stanford’s Venture Lab
- Valeo Files New 337 Complaint Regarding Certain Windshield Wipers
- ALJ Pender Sets Procedural Schedule In Certain Windshield Wipers (337-TA-928)
- ALJ Lord Grants Nintendo’s Motion to Strike in Certain Optical Disk Drives (337-TA-897)
- Court Finds That Adverse Markman Ruling Does Not Automatically Establish Good Cause to Amend Contentions
- ALJ Lord Grants Motion to Terminate Investigation in Its Entirety in Certain Integrated Circuits (337-TA-920)
- ALJ Shaw Issues Initial Determination Terminating the Investigation as To Print-Rite in Certain Toner Cartridges (337-TA-918)