For meetings and deliveries:
12 Veterans Square
1st Floor Left
Media, PA 19063 U.S.A.
P.O. Box 209
Swarthmore, PA 19081-0209 U.S.A.
Phone: (610) 892-9942
Twitter: @TechLaw_Elman and @ElmanTechNews
eFax: (925) 226-4995
- Selected Developments in Biotechnology Law and the Biotechnology Industry
- Informed Consent and Ethical Review in Chinese Human Experimentation: Reflections on the “Golden Rice Event”
- Q&A Session with Dr. Andrew W. Torrance of the University of Kansas School of Law: On the Question: Is Copyright the Way to Gain Intellectual Property Protection for DNA Sequences?
Two hearings have been scheduled by the US PTO on the effect of patents for Genetic Testing, to support the study that the PTO is mandated by the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (“AIA”) to generate for Congress.
The first of the hearings is today. It will be broadcast via the Web.
The second of the hearings will be March 9 in San Diego. My colleague Prof. Chris Holman, incoming Executive Editor of Biotechnology Law Report, is scheduled to testify at that hearing.
Each of these agendas provides the logon information for the web broadcasts of the hearings.
- Oct. 20, 2014 – Meet Steve Zeman and get tips about European Patent Office practice
- Supreme Court, snowed by ACLU smear campaign, resurrects archaic requirement of “invention” as a test of patent eligibility.
- State of Vermont Declares War on “Patent Trolls”
- Are Human Genes Patentable?—The Experts Weigh In
- Spark Your Creativity: participate online in Tina Seelig’s MOOC via Stanford’s Venture Lab
- Case Summary: Ottawa Athletic Club Inc. v The Athletic Club Group Inc.
- ITC Institutes Investigation (337-TA-931) Regarding Certain Formatted Magnetic Data Storage Tapes
- Myriad Set for Another Round
- Federal Circuit Applies "Searching Review" of Stay Pending CBM Proceeding
- ALJ Pender Issues Procedural Schedule In Certain Devices Containing Non-Volatile Memory (337-TA-922)