For meetings and deliveries:
12 Veterans Square
1st Floor Left
Media, PA 19063 U.S.A.
P.O. Box 209
Swarthmore, PA 19081-0209 U.S.A.
Phone: (610) 892-9942
Twitter: @TechLaw_Elman and @ElmanTechNews
eFax: (925) 226-4995
- Selected Developments in Biotechnology Law and the Biotechnology Industry
- Informed Consent and Ethical Review in Chinese Human Experimentation: Reflections on the “Golden Rice Event”
- Q&A Session with Dr. Andrew W. Torrance of the University of Kansas School of Law: On the Question: Is Copyright the Way to Gain Intellectual Property Protection for DNA Sequences?
Two hearings have been scheduled by the US PTO on the effect of patents for Genetic Testing, to support the study that the PTO is mandated by the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (“AIA”) to generate for Congress.
The first of the hearings is today. It will be broadcast via the Web.
The second of the hearings will be March 9 in San Diego. My colleague Prof. Chris Holman, incoming Executive Editor of Biotechnology Law Report, is scheduled to testify at that hearing.
Each of these agendas provides the logon information for the web broadcasts of the hearings.
- Gerry Elman and Josh Waterston to speak at Chester County Bar Association meeting
- Elman Technology Law sponsoring Philly Tech Week event in Media, PA
- Oct. 20, 2014 – Meet Steve Zeman and get tips about European Patent Office practice
- Supreme Court, snowed by ACLU smear campaign, resurrects archaic requirement of “invention” as a test of patent eligibility.
- State of Vermont Declares War on “Patent Trolls”
- FTC and DOJ: The PTO’s Efforts to Enhance Patent Quality Will Promote Competition, Innovation and Consumer Welfare
- ‘Last Week Tonight’ Host John Oliver Ignores the Last Three Years of Patent Reform
- Maximizing Use of the USPTO’s Patent Application Alert Service
- “Restriction Requirements” Series, Part 1: Considering Restrictions When Developing A Claim Filing Strategy
- PTAB Clarifies Protocol for Expanded Post-Grant Panels
- The PTAB Explores Estoppel in New Representative Decision