For meetings and deliveries:
12 Veterans Square
1st Floor Left
Media, PA 19063 U.S.A.
P.O. Box 209
Swarthmore, PA 19081-0209 U.S.A.
Phone: (610) 892-9942
Twitter: @TechLaw_Elman and @ElmanTechNews
eFax: (925) 226-4995
- Selected Developments in Biotechnology Law and the Biotechnology Industry
- Q & A Session with Professor Benjamin Liu of the John Marshall Law School: On the Impact of Myriad, on Developments in Chinese Patent Law, and on Advice for Young Academics Looking to Enter the Business World
- District Court's Interpretation of Mayo in Ariosa Diagnostics Does Not Bode Well for Patent Eligibility of Diagnostics and Personalized Medicine
Two hearings have been scheduled by the US PTO on the effect of patents for Genetic Testing, to support the study that the PTO is mandated by the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (“AIA”) to generate for Congress.
The first of the hearings is today. It will be broadcast via the Web.
The second of the hearings will be March 9 in San Diego. My colleague Prof. Chris Holman, incoming Executive Editor of Biotechnology Law Report, is scheduled to testify at that hearing.
Each of these agendas provides the logon information for the web broadcasts of the hearings.
- Supreme Court, snowed by ACLU smear campaign, resurrects archaic requirement of “invention” as a test of patent eligibility.
- State of Vermont Declares War on “Patent Trolls”
- Are Human Genes Patentable?—The Experts Weigh In
- Spark Your Creativity: participate online in Tina Seelig’s MOOC via Stanford’s Venture Lab
- Patentability: “non-obviousness” and “common sense”
- Combined Offers in Advertising
- Patent to an “Expandable and Contractible Hose” Found to be Obvious
- ViXS Files New 337 Complaint Regarding Certain Set-Top Boxes, Gateways, Bridges and Adapters
- ALJ Gildea Rules on Motion to Compel And/Or Strike In Certain Silicon Microphone Packages (337-TA-888)
- ALJ Lord Sets 16-Month Target Date in Certain Sulfentrazone (337-TA-914)
- A Defeat for the Office Québécois De La Langue Française: A Trade-Mark may be Posted in English Only